Getting the most out of your cycling involves a lot more than a bike fit. Your bike needs to be well maintained, and so does your body!
If you are having trouble with the functioning of either, pay a visit to one of my recommended fixers. Listed below are resources related to bicycles, events and social media groups, as well as some of the top body therapists in town.
- Utah Gravel Grinder, UG2, for organizing rides, discussing upcoming races.
- Cycling Utah for all things bike related in the Intermountain West.
- Slowtwitch for triathlon forums and buzz.
- Flynn Cyclery for service and repairs.
- SaltAir Cycles for local custom hand crafted steel bikes.
- Utah Crits weekly criterium series
- Utah Cycling Association (UCA) is the OFFICIAL LOCAL ASSOCIATION OF USA CYCLING for Utah, Eastern Idaho, and Western Wyoming, and is the governing body over cycling for this region.
- Extra Mile Racing is a local event organizer for road bike racing, duathlons and some triathlons.
- Tri Utah for local triathlon events
- Mid Week MTB series for mountain bike races
- Intermountain Cup for mountain bike races
Collin Bywaters is a skier and cyclist with a great reputation for keeping people functioning. His Physical Therapy practice is just down the street from BikeFitr, located within the Age Performance facility above the Hub and Spoke diner.
Pinnacle Performance under the leadership of Amy Broekemeier provide manual physical therapy and have an excellent reputation for improving body movement patterns that inhibit optimal functioning. They are conveniently located a few doors away, making it easier to have your PT contribute to your bike fit.
Ned Dowling, University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, 801.587.7005.
Ned is an experienced cyclist, PT and Director of the Cyclists Clinic for the University of Utah Orthopaedic Center. He is also an IBFI certified Level 2 bike fitter.
Steve is a wizard at soft tissue manipulation to get the kinks out. If your body is hurting, and it's not because of your bike fit, give Steve a call. He has a long history as an endurance athlete himself, through road bike racing, triathlon and ultra marathon running.
Janelle has been a licensed massage therapist since 2015. Janelle can be found hiking, camping, running and doing yoga when not helping other people function at a higher level themselves.
Dr. Reheisse enjoys an active lifestyle of running, hiking, swimming, triathlon, and camping. Through his years of running, he has experienced first hand many of the common injuries associated with endurance sports giving him a deeper understanding of how to treat these injuries.
Robert enjoys mountain biking, road biking, crossfit and alpine skiing. He has also been to BikeFitr for his own bike fit.