BikeFitr is located in Salt Lake City, and caters to riders living in, visiting, or passing through Utah. BikeFitr is independent of any bicycle brand, bike shop or retail store.
BikeFitr is a trading name of GoBike LLC which is also the holding company for bike fitting equipment and education supplier, Fit Kit Systems.
BikeFitr was established to offer a bike fitting service that focuses on achieving the most appropriate and effective bike-body relationship for you, the cyclist.
Your Bike Fitter, John Higgins
I have been cycling for over 40 years and have direct experience with many different styles of bikes and riding.
[expand title="Read more about John's cycling experience"]
- Regular bike commuting - summer and winter - on a flat bar road bike
- Multi-day long-distance self-contained touring on paved roads on a touring bike
- Multi-day self-contained touring on back roads, dirt roads and no roads on a hardtail mountain bike
- Mountain bike riding and racing, on both hardtail and full suspension bikes, achieving age category State and National championship titles
- Road bike riding in club and recreational event rides, and racing in USA cycling sanctioned events, achieving multiple podium finishes
- I've even piloted the occasional tandem around a city.
Being an experienced and accomplished cyclist, however, does not make one a bike fitter. I was curious about the mysteries of bike fitting, and jumped at an opportunity to progress my understanding about bike fitting in 2007.
[expand title="Read more about John's Bike Fitting experience and credentials"]
My real education has been the years of subsequent interaction with hundreds of riders who wanted to know what size bike to buy; wanted to ride but experienced too much discomfort; wanted to ride further / faster with less suffering; or just wanted to make sure their bike was optimized from the get-go.
I have worked with a wide range of riders, from teenagers to retirees, casual riders to competitors, commuters, tourers, racers (road, mountain, triathlon), and people with chronic neck, back and joint issues and injury history.
In 2015 I became a co-owner and the manager of Fit Kit Systems, the bike fitting school that I originally trained with. I now supply fitting equipment, systems, and education to other bike fitters and bicycle retailers around the globe.
As a member of the International Bike Fitting Institute I am committed to continuing to increase my bike fitting skills and maintain a high level of professional expertise.
Bike Fitting Education
- Fit Kit Systems Level 1, 2 and 3 (2007 – 2014)
- Medicine of Cycling Conference: Bike Fit University, Colorado Springs, 2014
- BikeFit Foot-Pedal Interface 2015
- Interbike Fit Symposium, Las Vegas, 2015
- Medicine of Cycling Conference: Bike Fit University, Colorado Springs, 2016
- Interbike Fit Symposium, Las Vegas, 2016
- International Cyclefit Symposium, Manchester, UK 2016
- Slowtwitch Fit Institute (FIST certified), 2017
International Bike Fitting Institute Level 2 certified.